Uninstall Apple iTunes Application in Mac OS X Apple iTunes removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Apple iTunes apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Apple iTunes completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Apple iTunes application?
Uninstalling Apple iTunes in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Apple iTunes you simply need to drag & drop the Apple iTunes application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Apple iTunes from your machine.
Apple iTunes Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Apple iTunes application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Apple iTunes supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Apple iTunes Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Apple iTunes is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Apple iTunes has saved the files. Some of the location where Apple iTunes would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Apple iTunes completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Apple iTunes Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Apple iTunes & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Apple iTunes application process running then quit it, make sure that Apple iTunes processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Apple iTunes name.
- Searching "Apple iTunes" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Apple iTunes app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Apple iTunes Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Apple iTunes app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.