Uninstall Mathematica Application in Mac OS X Mathematica removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Mathematica apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Mathematica completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Mathematica application?
Uninstalling Mathematica in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Mathematica you simply need to drag & drop the Mathematica application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Mathematica from your machine.
Mathematica Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Mathematica application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Mathematica supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Mathematica Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Mathematica is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Mathematica has saved the files. Some of the location where Mathematica would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Mathematica completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Mathematica Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Mathematica & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Mathematica application process running then quit it, make sure that Mathematica processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Mathematica name.
- Searching "Mathematica" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Mathematica app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Mathematica Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Mathematica app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.