Uninstall TeXShop Application in Mac OS X TeXShop removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall TeXShop apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall TeXShop completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling TeXShop application?
Uninstalling TeXShop in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the TeXShop you simply need to drag & drop the TeXShop application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the TeXShop from your machine.
TeXShop Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of TeXShop application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. TeXShop supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the TeXShop Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of TeXShop is not that easy, you need to find all the location where TeXShop has saved the files. Some of the location where TeXShop would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall TeXShop completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the TeXShop Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall TeXShop & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the TeXShop application process running then quit it, make sure that TeXShop processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the TeXShop name.
- Searching "TeXShop" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the TeXShop app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning TeXShop Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove TeXShop app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.